A Cookies Policy is a disclosure by a website of:
• What cookies are used by the company
• How those cookies are used to collect the private information of visitors
• How the user can control the disclosure of information and use of the cookies for collection
A Cookies Policy allows the company to have full disclosure with its users and creates a transparency of the collection of private information.
It all depends on where your audience is located. The US and the European Union (EU) have different requirements about the inclusion of a Cookies Policy.
Figuring out what exact laws apply to you is extremely important in how you display your Cookies Policy.United States
• What information is being collected and how it is stored
• How the data is used
• Who data is disclosed to
• How you can adjust disclosure of your information